The physicians at Houston ENT strive to provide the most up to date, cost effective, and safe services to our patients. That is why we have installed a MiniCAT Scan machine in our office at our Memorial City and Sugar Land locations.
CT scans are integral to proper diagnosis and treatment. Our in-office scanner offers distinct advantages over sending you, the patient, to a radiology center for the scan. The advantages include:
- Immediate, on-site diagnosis and treatment planning
- Lower radiation dose than conventional CT
- Fast Scan times (less than 20 seconds)
- You are comfortably seated during the scan
- It is wheelchair accessible
- The open, patient-friendly design minimizes claustrophobia
By sitting in a chair for only 20 seconds, your doctor can do a scan and show you a picture of your sinuses on a computer while explaining your condition. The next steps in your treatment plan can be agreed upon right away. And the faster you begin your treatment, the faster you can get relief from your symptoms.