Skip to main content
Book Appointment

«  View All Posts

Do You Suffer from Chronic Nosebleeds?

October 23rd, 2015 | 1 min. read

By Houston ENT & Allergy

There are two types of nosebleeds that can affect a person, and both can be very alarming if you're not prone to having them. An anterior nosebleed occurs in the front part of the nose and usually only comes from one nostril. A posterior nosebleed occurs deep in the nose and can be a very serious matter, especially if blood flows back into the throat. If you suffer from chronic nosebleeds, or epistaxis, it's imperative to see an ENT specialist right away. At Houston ENT & Allergy, we've helped many patients that have suffered from either anterior or posterior nosebleeds.

Nosebleeds usually occur when the lining of the nose breaks down, or when you've been suddenly hit in the nose. If your nose is still bleeding after approximately 30 minutes of actively trying to stop it, it's best to seek medical attention. If you get nosebleeds frequently, but they don't seem to last long, an ENT specialist can diagnose the cause of this chronic issue. We can see if there are allergens or irritants that are affecting your nose, and causing the bleeding.

While they're usually not a life-threatening condition, chronic nosebleeds can be a serious matter. If you get them often, make an appointment with our Houston Medical Center office today. A doctor will examine your nose, and see what the root cause of your nosebleeds are. We'll do everything we can to find why your nose is bleeding so often, and what steps we can take to curtail it.